Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Grand Tetons

Well I'm back finally
After a three days in Yellowstone, I've survived and now I'm in Rapid City, SD. Our time in Yellowstone was rather eventful. It was an absolute blizzard for three days straight. Nothing like a foot of snow in the middle of June!! So we spent the three days traveling around in the snow... spotting wildlife and looking at hot springs. It was a glorius time. But thats not what I'm here to talk about. I'll do that tomorrow. Prior to that we were in the Grand Tetons for a couple of days. The first day we went on a short hike around Jenny Lake and got some great views of the mountains. The next day my parents headed out to see some sites and I went on a six mile hike up Signal Mountain to get the best view of the Tetons from across the valley. It was a great hike...excluding the fear of bears. Took me just under 2.5 hours to do the hike...which was practically at running pace. Here's a few pictures from the Tetons

Elk Antler Arch in downtown Jackson


The Teton Range


A few of the peaks from across Jenny Lake


Me and then my folks in front of the Grand




Old log cabin in the valley


Me in front of the Signal Mountain lodge after my hike...have to wait for my film to develop to see the pictures from the summit





Tomorrow we head to Mt. Rushmore and the Rushmore Cave. And then to the Crazy Horse Monument. Maybe to Wind Cave if we've got time. I'll put some pictures of the winter wonderland known as yellowstone in another post tomorrow.

No comments: